Instructions for the use of the cradle
Czechoslovak Norm - ČSN EN 1130-1
Instructions for use
Instructions must include the following:
- The crib/cradle should be placed on a level surface.
- Young children should not be allowed to play unsupervised in the vicinity of the crib/cradle
- A warning that the crib/cradle should be secured in a stable position when the child is unattended.
- An assembly drawing sheet with a description of all parts and tools needed for assembly and a scheme of screws and other necessary connecting fittings.
- A warning that the crib/cradle should not be used if any part is broken, torn or missing.
- A sentence: "The use of the crib/cradle should be discontinued when a child is able to sit, kneel or pull himself/herself up."
- A statement saying that all metal mountings should be properly tightened in order to avoid loose screws. Failure to do so constitutes a risk of strangulation if a child gets their body parts or clothing (such as necklaces, bracelets, pacifier strings etc.) trapped.
- A statement not to use the cradle without its frame.
- A statement that the thickness of the mattress must be chosen so the internal vertical height (the area at the top of the mattress meant for the top edge of the bed sides) is at least 200 mm (7.87 in) at the highest position of the mattress platform.
- Recommendation regarding the size of the mattress when it is not sold together with the crib/cradle.
- Warning of fire hazard and other sources of strong heat, such as electrical and gas heaters etc. which are in a close proximity of the crib/cradle.
All cribs/cradles, which are required to be in compliance with the conditions specified in this standard, must be marked permanently with the following information:
- name, registered business name or trademark either of the manufacturer, distributor or dealer, and other data identifying the product;
- a line or other marking on the side of the crib/cradle, at least 200 mm (7.87 in) below the peak, indicating maximum height or thickness of the mattress;
- the warning: "Do not use when the child is able to sit, kneel or pull himself/herself up"
- number and date of this European standard.